I was very happy with the way most of our bedroom looked. I love the wall color, the painted headboard project turned out wonderful, and I liked our bedding and pillows.
I also adore my loooooong, new IKEA curtains.
Then there was this corner. Not so lovely. First there was the dated dresser. Then the monster of a TV complete with various electronic acessories. We don't have cable or satellite so we had cords running up to the big rabbit ears antenna in the window. Nice and classy.
Since we don't really watch much TV, it was easy to banish it from the bedroom. We didn't really need the dresser since we have another dresser and a walk-in closet big enough for our clothes. So those items were given away.
I had this chair hanging around. My mother-in-law gave it to us several years ago and I kept meaning to paint it so finally I broke out the spray paint. Trusty old Heirloom White paint.
Now the corner looks like this. (No good room is complete without a cat of course.)
The ottoman is from Target. I posted a couple weeks ago about the picture frames I found for $1 and dressed up with some ribbon. The star I picked up at Goodwill for $1. The small mason jar I found at a thrift store for $1.99. I filled it with some grass and flowers clipped from my yard. The "Jardin" and the striped box I bought at Michael's awhile ago. The pillow is one I had bought a few years ago from Old Time Pottery for $3. I covered it with some pretty fabric. The fabric is currently wrapped around the pillow and held together with safety pins since I don't sew. Hopefully my awesome MIL will take pity on me and sew another pillowcase for me. (She did a wonderful job on these other pillows.)
I cut out a flourish stencil using my Cricut and the Storybook cartridge and used the stencil to paint a little design on the back of the chair. I also did some distressing using sandpaper to let the original wood and black finish peek through.I will once again be linking up to all the fun DIY and transformation parties on the following wonderful blogs: