Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Feeling Festive for Fall

I don't get much into the decorating the whole house for the different seasons. It's just not really my thing. I also don't really do much decorating for Halloween. However, I do like to add a few small touches to welcome in the different seasons. One of the things I do change throughout the year is my front door decoration.

During the summer I hang a small barn star on the door as seen here. Now that summer has past, it was time to bring out my fall wreath. I purchased this wreath a few years ago at Old Time Pottery for around $10.  It looks so much better on my lovely red door than it did when our door was an ucky dark green. Have I mentioned enough times how much I looooooove my red door. It makes me smile when I arrive home from work everyday. Red is just a happy color.

desk 091


I also put my two ceramic pumpkins outside. They were $2 each at Old Time Pottery a couple years ago. They last from year to year and never need carving. Our storm door has a retractable screen that moves up and down so it looks a little odd when it's open partway.

desk 090


So that's how I added a couple small touches to go with the colors of fall. It's starting to feel like fall too, brrrrr. We had to turn our heat on for the first time this season. It's hard to get up in the morning when it's so cold outside and so warm and cozy under the covers.


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your front porch. Your door is so cheery looking, especially with that wreath. :) Thanks for the visit!!

    Question: how did you get those cute tabs at the top of your blog??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a red door, and feel the same as you. I smile every time I see it. Your porch area is SO beautiful! I love it! :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your front door is pretty - really like your wreath.
    Thanks for stopping by and info. on the bathroom floor. I bookmarked your site, so can go back and check it out when have more time. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an upcoming post about adding the Blogger menu tabs coming up!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails