Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Bee!

My office holds a pumpkin decorating contest each year. Last year I was the winner with my pumpkin I decorated like a cat complete with felt ears, pipe cleaner whiskers, a painted face, and even a feather boa tail. (I can't find a photo or I would share!)

This year I decided to once again paint my pumpkin instead of carving it. I decided my plump little pumpkin would become a nice, happy bumblebee. Wanna meet him? Say hello to Baxter the Bee.



I haven't found a good glue that sticks to pumpkins well. I tried a hot glue gun and his legs all fell off. Same with an ultra craft bond glue that's supposed to stick to everything. I ended up hot gluing his head on like crazy and using a combination of glue and thumbtacks to hold on his legs and wings. The legs, antenna, and wings are pipe cleaners. The head is a foam ball that I painted black. I made the wings using plastic wrap and used a black marker to draw the lines on the wings. I cut out his eyes from white cardstock and used large blue brads stuck through the paper for eyeballs. His nose is a red brad from my scrapbooking stash. I drew on the mouth with a white gel pen and added some flowers to his front leg to carry.



I painted the stem of the pumpkin black to be his stinger. I thought he turned out pretty cute.



Happy Halloween from Baxter the Bee!



8 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness....that is too cute! I would love to have Baxter the Bee......pleezeeeeee

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baxter is so cute. I love his wings. I used hot glue to hold in the daisies, but first I made a hole to stick the stem in. It's been outside and holding up fine so far. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not at work for the contest so I have to wait until Monday to find out if I won or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest pumpkin! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellooo Baxter baby! Buy your honey all the time! Do you think he feels sufficiently welcomed? lol. VERY cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An update on the contest, I won 2nd place! I won a giftcard.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails