If you've been reading any of my recipes so far, you probably have noticed that I go for the easy ones. When I get home from work I want to get dinner on the table as quickly and with as little fuss as possible. I do alot of prepping on the weekend by cooking chicken and beef in advance. I also chop up veggies and pop in the fridge or freezer for later in the week. So most of my dinners during the week only involvee simple assembling and cooking. This is one of those quick and fast recipes.
Ingredients: (makes 4 servings of 2 enchiladas each)
- 2-3 cooked, chopped chicken breasts. I usually use 2 large ones.
- 1 cup mexican cheese blend or any other shredded cheese
- 1 can enchilada sauce (I use mild)
- 1 small onion, chopped. You could also use minced onion I suppose.
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 tortillas (I use the 8" round size)
1. Heat chicken, green pepper, and onion (not green onions) in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir in half of the can of sauce into the chicken mixture.
3. Lay a portion of the chicken mixture on one end of the tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Roll up tortillas, tucking ends under and arrange in baking dish.
5. Spread remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted. Enjoy!