My trusty assistant and I decided to do a quick and easy project to make those drawers a little more pretty and to hide all the misc. papers that get stuffed in those little drawers.
I gathered up a few scrapbook paper scraps to see which one looked the best. I decided to use the paper left over from my wall plaque makeover. I roughly measured the size of the drawer fronts and cut the paper to size. I decided it would be easier to attach the paper to the inside of the drawers instead of the outside because of the handles.
It was a little challenging to get the paper to fit right because of the curved shape of the drawers. I cut a slit in each piece of paper to fit around the inside of the drawer handles. I used some clear scrapbooking glue to stick the paper on. I used glue all around the edges and around the handles. The glue dried clear and I can't even really see it once it was dry. I had to hold the paper in place for a few minutes against the inside of the drawers though to get it to stick and match the contour of the plastic.
After a little cutting and glue magic, here's how they look now:
I may go back and paint the drawer knobs later, but for now it looks much more cheerful on my desk and I don't have to look at those messy piles of papers anymore. Plus the whole project was free for me!
Linking up to all the fun DIY and transformation parties: