Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Easy Comfort Food-Chicken Pot Pie

This is one of my favorite comfort foods. It's also pretty quick and easy to make, two of my must haves for most recipes. I basically took ingredients from several different potpie recipes until I found the right mixture that worked for me.

Ingredients: (make 4-6 servings. For us we get 4 servings out of one pie.)

-2 or 3 cooked, chopped chicken breasts (I always cook and chop a bunch at once and freeze them) I don't really measure, but I think it's about 2 cups of chicken.
-1/2 of a refridgerated pie crust. You can use both the top and bottom crusts, I just use one to cut down on calories a bit. You could also use a tube of crescent rolls or the whole sheet of the crescent dough stuff that Pillsbury makes as the top crust.
-1 can cream of celery soup (I use 98% fat free)
-1 can cream of chicken soup (also 98% fat free)
-1 small chopped onion
-1 bag frozen mixed veggies
-1 tablespoon rosemary
-1 tablespoon parsely
-1 teaspon basil
-1 teaspon oregano
-1 teaspon thyme
(All are quantities for dried spices)
giantcity 032


1. Cook the veggies according to package directions. I usually just cook them in the microwave because it's easiest.

2. Cook onions in skillet. Heat chicken in skillet also if using frozen or cold chicken.

3. Add cans of soup to a large bowl. Add in spices and herbs. Add chicken, onions, and veggies when cooked and mix everthing together.

4. Pour mixture into ungreased pie pan. Thaw crust in microwave for 10-15 seconds if using pie crust. Spread crust over top of pie. You can do fancy fluted or crimped or whatever edges with your crust if you want. I don't cause it takes too long. And I'm a lazy cook. I just cut a few slits in the crust.

giantcity 033


5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes and enjoy.

giantcity 050



1 comment:

  1. Oh, yeah!! I LOVE chicken pot pie. I usually make a turkey pot pie with our Thanksgiving leftovers. It's such a yummy way to eat up the turkey leftovers. And oh, so easy, too.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails