Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Simply Gourd-geous!

My dining room table was feeling a little blah. I had added a couple wee little pumpkins that I picked up at Wal-Mart for 50 cents each to make it a little more fall festivey. But it needed some more oomph. So I did some some shopping around the house for various candles and accessories.

desk 101

Here's what it looks like now:

dining 009


Awww that's better. Much more cozy. I grabbed a mismatch of candles from around the house. I used the two white goblets I bought at Goodwill for $1 each to hold some various leaves and fall decor accessories I already had. I pulled some silk flowers off of the stems and arranged them around the lantern. I also stuck in a couple cute little gourds that my mom gave me.

dining 023

It feels much warmer and more fall like.


dining 022

I had a whole bag of the mini gourds so I stuck some in the bottom of this glass bowl that I had leftover from our wedding centerpieces. I placed a candle in the middle and voila, more easy fall decor.

giantcity 035

Linking up to Transformation Thursday at the Shabby Chic Cottage.


And Tablescape Thursday on "Between Naps on the Porch".


11 comments:

  1. Great job! I love the goblets and the bowl with the gourds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candles always make an area more warm & cozy. Great centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful transformation! Everything looks so pretty-where would we be without candles!
    Best wishes, NM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! It really is much more cozy and warm. I like the table runner, too. Very nice!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I really like the gourds in the bubble bowl. I might steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply Stunning! I love, love, love it. Oh, and the lantern is awsome too (can it come play at my house?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. notice it's the black that deepens the effect

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sara !
    Thanks for visiting my blog...I love your scape - so pretty and I peeked at your bedroom ideas...mine really needs a make-over - but I would need all new furniture, drats !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really pretty and fall-y! I can't wait to get to a point where I can decorate for the holidays and do stuff like you do so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This table setting is so fabulous! I featured it on my blog today: http://mandysyellowcorner.blogspot.com/2010/09/favorites-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails