Friday, January 1, 2010

Ugly Faucets No More!

Our master bathroom mini-makeover is officially underway. The first project we decided to tackle was to get rid of the nasty cheapo faucets.

crafts 497

We wanted to complete this project first, because how the faucets came out and went back in could determine the rest of the project. I posted in our first bathroom makeover about how our vanity top cracked while removing the old faucet. If that happened here, we would have to purchase a new vanity top. Since we have double sinks, that would add a lot of extra $$$ to the cost of the project because the two sink tops are not cheap.


While Mr. Delightful had to break out the sawzall to get the old faucets out, the vanity remained intact and undamaged. He also pulled out a large "Sara furrball" that was lodged in the pipes in the sink on my side. Oops. Guess I won't be brushing my hair over the sink anymore!

crafts 510

Even Emma seems to approve of the new faucets we purchased. We went with these Glacier Bay faucets from Home Depot. You can't beat the price at $25 each and I love the brushed nickel finish.

crafts 507


Here you can see the new faucet on the left compared with the old one on the right. Doesn't it look better already?


7 comments:

  1. It looks real nice
    I know what you mean about hairballs
    I pulled a humungous one from the guest bath
    but I won't tell the girls
    Looks like you are going to have a real nice bath when your through

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just toooooooo freaky!! Our old faucet (same as your old faucet) just broke. The replacement faucet I just purchased at Lowe's is exactly like yours except mine is shiny instead of brushed. I wanted brushed (less spotting)but settled for shiny which is what they had.

    Of course, mine was waaaaaaaay more expensive at $26. and some odd cents.

    Sure didn't like the sound of the saw part, though. Thank goodness one of my hubbies students is a plumber standing by to help if needed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - just checked out your "broken sink post"

    Thank goodness our sink is small and cheap because that looks like a real possibility. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Sara. It's it amazing how much of a different a beautiful set of faucets makes. These look great. I can remember when I used to get excited over clothing stores now it's Lowe's and Home Depot.

    Hugs....Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so much better! And you can't hardly beat that price. Your bathroom is going to look lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean Tracy Suzanne, I would get much more excited to shop at home improvement stores than to go to the mall!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails