Sunday, January 10, 2010

You Have to See This Blog!

I stumbled across one of the more unique and amazing blogs I have seen recently. Which is saying a lot with all the wonderful blogs out there. The blog I discovered is called Knock-Off Wood. The blogger, Ana, shows how to make gorgeous furniture that is a knock-off of pricey pieces from places such as Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware.

My jaw kept dropping as I browsed through the many posts showcasing a wide variety of furniture plans from dining tables to bookcases to beds. She posts actual, easy to follow plans that tell you all the sizes and types of lumber and other materials you need to build your very own furniture. I have looked online for plans to build things before and had little luck finding anything that was either free or easy. Ana's blog supplies you with both and her talent will amaze you.


Knock Off Wood

Are you in love with the canopy on this Pottery Barn bed, but not so in love with the price?




Ana has the plans for how to build your own canopy for only $20 and a little elbow grease She also shows how to make you own Pottery Barn style bed in different sizes and styles.



I already have picked out several projects that I can't wait to attempt when the weather warms up. I think I'll start with this Pottery Barn side table because it looks like one of easiest projects to tackle first.



And I am really itching to build this Pottery Barn bench to use by door from our garage to hold all our shoes.



So you have to go over and check out this blog. I will post about any projects I make with her plans. I do have some power tools on my birthday list this year! Be sure to enter her giveaway for a $25 Lowe's giftcard, enter quickly because it ends soon!





5 comments:

  1. oh wow! thanks for the link i am checking her out NOW and i look forward to your projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks soooo much for this link...I'm going over for a visit...I sure hope it doesn't get me in trouble...LOL!!!! Hope you have a FUN and WARM week!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Ana! I discovered her blog last month, and so far we have a new coffee table, a side table, and two nightstands! We figured that if we would have bought all of these things from the Pottery Barn, it would have cost us over a thousand dollars. But building them ourselves, it cost around a hundred! And it was so easy, following her simple plans. I just did a post on the Pottery Barn Hyde side table. I love the way it turned out! Can't wait to see yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation! It looks like a great place to get lost for a few hours. ;)

    XO*Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a list a mile long of project I want to do from her Blog - if only there was that much time in my week. Can't wait to see if you make anything.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails