Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Giving an Ottoman a Little Bling

In the little nook area of my bedroom, I had added this simple, round ottoman from Target. I wanted additional storage as well as something to fill in the space left from when we removed the dresser and TV. However, it was looking a little too plain. It needed a bit of "furniture jewelry" to give it the finishing touch.


Enter nailhead trim. I had never used this before, but I picked up this set at Joann Fabrics using a 50% coupon. It is sooooo easy to work with. You only have to add the tacks every so often to hold the strips of trim on. Much easier than just using only tacks.


I think it took me 10 minutes to add all the trim around the ottoman. When I reached all the way around the top and bottom, it was very easy to just twist the metal trim back and forth until it snapped. No cutting even required.


I think it looks much more sophisticated with the trim to give it that final polish.


8 comments:

  1. good job sara! i love the little chair sitting next to the ottoman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that fabric on the pillow is...WOW. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Domestic Chick. The fabric is from Joann Fabrics and my MIL was nice enough to make the pillows for me. It's pricey fabric so I only bought a half yard. The chair was originally black until I gave it a coat of good old Heirloom White.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a great idea. I've never even heard of the sort of nailhead trim you used. It makes it so easy. Now I'm thinking of all the things in my house that could use that trim.... Your ottoman really does look very sophisticated now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd also never heard of the nailhead trim. Thanks for the post and the tip!

    Alyssa
    lifeoflyssie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great! I love that little corner in your room. I think I would be sitting there escaping the kids all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you need a light any you'll have a great little reading nook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, I had in lamp in my hand at Goodwill the other day, but I put it back! I couldn't figure out what to do with it, but it would have worked here! I'm sure it's gone by now. =(

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails