One corner of our bedroom is currently the staging area for all the tools and supplies we have purchased and gathered for the project. This gives you a little hint on what's to come.
But you can't share a room makeover without revealing the crucial "before" shot. I haven't posted photos of my master bathroom before because I really didn't like how it looked. Now I am posting it for the world to see all its
On the list of things to fix:
1. Flooring-This is a biggie. The white vinyl flooring is 15 years old and it shows. While I do like white on almost any surface, white floors are not my favorite. They are just not very practical especially with two cats that shed like crazy and love to hang out in the bathroom.
2. The big Hollywood dressing room style light fixture.-This thing has been driving me crazy for awhile. Does anyone look good under those lighting conditions?
3. The orangey oakey vanity-We can't afford to replace it so it's getting a new coat of paint. Hopefully, this paint project will go better than the "purple paint" fiasco I encountered while painting the vanity in the other bathroom.
4. Paint color-I'm over the blue. It's time for something fresh and different
5. Window treatment for the huge window over the bathtub.-In 5 years I have never put a curtain or blinds on that window. It's frosted glass so nobody can see in, but the window itself looks a bit naked.
6. Playing up the gigantic mirror-We don't want to get into ripping out the mirror, so we will work with it and try to dress it up a bit.
7. New bathroom hardware-Our cheapey towel bar is cracked and falling apart. Time for some sparkling new hardware to add the finishing touch.
8. Replace the faucets-The faucets are the cheapest kind you can buy and after 15 years have accumulated a large amount of gross and yuck. One of the handles is turning green, ewwww.
I'll be posting the various progress we make in the coming days and weeks. I hope to get this project wrapped up fairly quickly, but you know how it goes with home improvement.