Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Yummy Gourmet Popcorn

I have one final, last minute Christmas project to share. I found some gourmet popcorn recipes on the wonderful blog, Our Best Bites that I wanted to try. I chose to make the Peppermint Bark Popcorn and the Cinnamon Bun Popcorn to give out to various family members while we attend the five other Christmas celebrations we have in the next three days.

crafts 493

I won't go through the steps and recipes I used. The ladies on Our Best Bites do a fantastic job of explaining the steps in detail. Which is great for kluzty cooks like me. The recipes were fairly simple although they took a bit of time and left quite a mess in the kitchen. I believe I used every single mixing bowl I own at least once. It also led to an arguement between Mr.Delightful and I about the proper way to drizzle chocolate. I think I won.

I did alter the recipes slightly because I used chocolate almond bark instead of vanilla because I forgot to read the instructions carefully. I think it still tastes good though. Or at least good enough.

crafts 487

I packaged the popcorn in cute Christmas treat bags I picked up on sale at Michael's for $1 for a pack of 20. I added a Christmas bandanna I purchased up at Hobby Lobby for 65 cents to the bottom of a basket to provide a festive way to carry them all.

crafts 478

What do you think? Anyone hungry for some pepperminty or cinnamon carmel popcorn?

3 comments:

  1. Where do you get your energy!
    yeah,pass some along to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks soooo much for sharing the recipes! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum!! These sound amazing and so unique! Peppermint Bark popcorn? Perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails