3/4 cup milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese (Or any mix of cheese you want, sometimes I use an italian or mexican cheese mixture instead)
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped onion (or 2-3 tablespoons dried minced onion)
1/2 teaspoon salt (I never add this, it's up to you)
1 pound ground beef (lean works better)
2/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1-2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup shredded spinach
Or use any other shredded or chopped veggies you want to stick in the mix. A great way to get your picky kids or hubby to eat their veggies. I don't have kids, but hubby usually won't eat veggies unless they are hidden or covered in some kind of cheese or sauce.
Here's the steps to follow to yumminess:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together first six ingredients as well as any additional garlic or veggies. Basically mix everything together throughly except the beef, ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard.
3. Crumble ground beef into previous mixuture and mix well.
4. Line a baking pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray to keep loaves from sticking.
5. Shape beef mixture into 8 mini loaves.
6. Mix together ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Spread this mixture on top of the shaped mini loaves.
7. Pop the pan into the oven for 35-45 minutes and enjoy!