Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Recovering from a four day weekend

My husband and I took an extra day off to have a four day weekend. We made a trip to visit several of our grandparents. After stopping to see hubby's grandparents we continued down to my grandma's house. She lives on a farm on the river with lots of trees and fields. While there we fed the neighbor's calf that my grandma feeds twice a day. I lived right by my grandparents when I was little, so I used to spend a lot of time miking cows, feeding calves, and cuddling barn cats. It was nice to feed a baby calf again, they are too cute. My hubby and I took turns feeding him.





We also took a walk down to the creek. On our way back, this snake had slid across our path, blocking the road. It's a poisonous copperhead too! We threw rocks at trying to get it to go away, but it just sat there and stared at us. Finally we inched around off the road and ran past it. We kept our eyes on the road on the way back to carefully watch out for more snakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails