Thursday, June 11, 2009

Beautiful Botanicals

Over the weekend I convinced hubby that it was time for visit to the amazing St. Louis Botanical Gardens. If you are ever in St.Louis, it is worth a visit. The garden is celebrating its 150th anniversary this year and they have special events happening all the time. The grounds cover 79 acres and include Japanese, Chinese, Victorian, woodland, and rose gardens along with a climatron and temperate house. The garden normally opens at 9, but on Saturdays you can enter the grounds at 7. We arrived around 8 and found the gardens fairly empty that early. In fact, we even got in free because the cashier didn't have her change drawer yet!

I always enjoy taking photos at the gardens. I normally edit my photos using Photoshop Elements, but while I was looking for an online photo editor to use while away from my home computer, I discovered Picnik. Picnik is a wonderful online photo editing site. There are dozens of different effects you can use to change the look of your photos. So I had some fun playing around with these photos and the available effects. If you haven't given Picnik a try, check it out.

bot8

bot7a

bot10

bot3a

bot11



bot2a

bot5a

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails