First I took it off the wall and had Mr. Delightful cut out the metal flower design from the middle. It took him all of 20 seconds to cut it out with a grinder (I think that's what the tool with the spinning thing that shoots out sparks when it cuts metal is called.). Than I used spray paint to give it a nice coat of glossy white paint. It was looking better already. Next it was time to raid my fabric stash. I decided to use this neutral fabric that had a pretty texture to it. I picked up this clearance fabric awhile back for $1.50 for 3/4 of a yard.
I traced around the middle oval and cut out the fabric to slightly smaller as the outside of the oval opening. Then it was time to break out the glue gun for some hot glue action to secure the fabric to the metal. I worked around the opening slowly to make sure the glue didn't dry on the metal before I attached the fabric.
When I had hairdrying breakthrough moment, I decided that a monogram in the middle would look perfect. I located this perfect little letter at Hobby Lobby. They have quite an extensive selection of unfinished wood letters. I thought the curly letter style gave it a bit of whimsy. The "L" was painted with the same paint as the metal art and then added to the fabric with hot glue. Now the metal art is ready for its close up.
And the full effect.
Yep, I'm really loving it. So much better and such an easy makeover. It's amazing how different my bedroom looked just a year ago.
And how it looks now. (Ignore the wrinkled comforter, I had just washed it!)
Ahhhhh, so much more relaxing. I'm ready for a nap now.